Friday, June 14, 2013

Too fat to work out in public?

I have heard this line several times in the last few weeks. I just saw a post on an athletics page where a girl was looking for at home workout because she feels to fat to go to the gym. Too fat to go to the gym? That's like saying you sin too much to go to church or you are to thirsty to drink water.  The problem is the poster felt people would look at her and think, "Ha, ha! fatty fat fatterson is here to break the equipment and leave butt sweat stains!" So what! Maybe Mr Buff does snicker at your awkward attempts at jumping jacks or maybe Mrs Legs sets her warm up speed to your sprint. Who gives a rats patooney!?? You look sillier in your self deprecation than you would ever look in a gym.

I go to runs and am surrounded by mamma bombshells. Most all of them are pageant worthy, thin, and lovely. Standing next to them I am Plain Jane, but I would rather be looking like dumbo having a seizure in spandex than sit on the couch another moment. I proudly show up to runs in my xl yoga pants and dare people to shout piggie at me. (I'll oink as I chase them down, mwahahaha!) I would rather look silly than miss the chance to get stronger. Too fat to work out in public? Oh, poster...if you are that out of shape you are probably too fat to NOT work out in public. It ain't about size, looks, image. It is about getting stronger with every awkward step. I want to find poster and giver a hug and tell her God doesn't make mistakes he makes works in progress. We were knit in our mother's womb on purpose and every size is lovely and lovable. Working out is only about health and treating your body like a temple. Praise who you are because you are worthy. Too fat to work out in public? No, poster. You are just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment